I remember my first e.l.f. Cosmetics beauty product like it was yesterday.
I was a recent college graduate, unemployed and in desperate need of concealer. So, I went to Target and that’s when I spotted e.l.f. I had never heard of the brand, but I bought their $3 concealer and headed home to test out my purchase.
Needless to say, I was pleasantly surprised with the results. Fast-forward to several years later … while I’m not rich, my bank account is significantly greater and I’ve expanded my knowledge and love of the brand. It’s affordable, easily accessible (Target, Walmart, CVS or online) and the quality of the line (ranging from face wash to makeup brushes) holds it own against high-end brands. My makeup never melts, it’s easy to apply and stays on all day without touch-ups. That’s makeup worth my money.
Here’s my list of the 10 must-have e.l.f. products that every woman needs now:
2. Sculpting Silk Eyeshadow in Rosé All Day ($4): this trio eye palette is the answer to my prayers! The shimmer eyeshadow can be used solo for a quick job or try all three for the perfect smokey eye. These colors are gorgeous and so perfect for day or night.
3. Intense Ink Eyeliner in Blackest Black ($3): talk about a kick ass liquid liner! This glides on effortlessly and the size of the point will give you a perfect wing. If you think all black eyeliners go on and look the same, think twice. I’m a big believer in black liquid liner and am completely loyal to this one.
4. Makeup Removing Cleansing Cloths ($3): these cleansing cloths will get rid of the toughest to remove makeup in one glide and won’t leave any residue behind. You can go to bed knowing your face is clean even with minimal effort. Foundation, liquid eyeliner and lip stain are no match for these wet ones and for this price they can’t be beat!
5. Day to Night Lipstick Duo in Graphic Minimalist ($5): I’m a sucker for a good nude lip and this duo is my go-to. Whether I want a soft or dark look, this neutral pair has me covered. With one stick I can change my lip color from day to night without taking up too much room in my purse.
6. Baked Highlighter in Apricot Glow ($4): a good highlighter is hard to find. An excellent one that’s $4 is damn near impossible. Enter e.l.f.’s baked highlighter. It’s no secret the most popular color of this item is Blush Gem (it’s won endless beauty awards and is practically sold-out in every location), but I recently tried their new color, Apricot Glow. Mind-blown! This color will give everyone that perfect summer glow regardless of skin color and looks great on it’s own or over makeup.
7. Makeup Mist & Set ($3): this mist hydrates and leaves your skin feeling rejuvenated while making your makeup stick. I use this all day long — in the morning to set my makeup, in the afternoon for a quick pick-me-up and at night before I go out. It smells amazing and fits easily into your purse. It’s the perfect trick to recharge your skin without adding makeup.
8. Lip Primer and Plumper ($3): this little stick makes my lips look bigger and helps my lipstick stay on all night. With a quick swipe of the cinnamon-flavored plumper my lips are fuller and conditioned. The other side glides on smoothly to prime your lids for color. It’s my absolute favorite and the best $3 I’ve ever spent. Word to the wise, the plumper will give you a tingling sensation. If it becomes too intense for you, make sure to wipe it off immediately with a cleansing cloth.
9. Contouring Blush & Bronzing Powder in St. Lucia ($4): this blush and bronzing set is a dead ringer for Nars’ Orgasm and Laguna but $38 less in total price. My friends can’t tell a difference and it saves me money … which I can use on happy hour!
10. Rose Gold Beauty Set ($16): I’m a sucker for anything with rose gold in the title. This set comes with a neutral eyeshadow palette, the iconic Blush Gems highlighter (to see their newest highlighter color go back to #6 on the list) and lip laquer in Natural. For that price and those colors, you have yourself the perfect summer makeup combo.